Call for Papers
Journal of Arts Management, Law, and Society on Arts Management and Organizational Theory
The Journal of Arts Management, Law, and Society (JAMLS) wants to devote an issue of its 49th volume, in 2019, to bridge the gap between arts management and organizational theory. This special issue aims to expand scholarship and engage with a diversity of approaches to theorizing arts organizations. Submission deadline is October 29, 2018.
Over the past decades, scholarship in arts management has insisted on leadership theories, marketing, arts entrepreneurship, and the relationship between creators, managers and the audience of artistic goods or performances. Theorizing arts organizations has typically occupied a subtler place if at all in arts management research. Below is a list of potential or indicative themes and approaches on which JAMLS would like to publish in this special issue:
- Narrative approaches to arts organizations
- Process theory in arts management
- Applications of institutional theory
- Power in arts organizations
- Applications of systems theory or its evolution/ change over time
- The place of division of labor (or labor processes) in shaping arts organizations
- Gender and identitys place in shaping arts organizations
- Organizational design and structures
Please note that papers that successfully go through the peer-review process, but are not selected for the special issue, can still be selected for publication in one of JAMLS regular issues.
Submission Deadline: October 29, 2018
You can submit your paper here: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/vjam
Informal inquiries can be made via-email to Jonathan Paquette, Executive Editor, Jonathan.Paquette@uottawa.ca