Call for Articles
ENCATC Journal of Cultural Management and Policy on "Beyond EYCH2018"
The ENCATC Journal of Cultural Management and Policy is a annual publication with the objective to stimulate the debate among scholars, educators, policy makers and cultural managers. The 9th Volume of the journal will be issued in December 2019. The first call is for a thematic issue following the topic of 2018 ENCATC Annual Congress: ‘Beyond EYCH2018. What is the cultural horizon? Opening up perspectives to face ongoing transformations’. The second call is for a general issue on new advancements in the cultural and creative domains. Application deadline for both is 1 April 2019.
The Journal is based on a multidisciplinary perspective and aims at connecting theory and practice in the realm of the cultural sector. Contributions are welcome from any relevant discipline, provided that they make an original academic contribution to the study of cultural management and policy. The received articles will go through a double-blind peer review process. After this, authors will be informed whether the article has been accepted or not. The editors reserve the right to first make a prior selection in case a large number of articles is received.
Submissions for the call on ‘Beyond EYCH2018. What is the cultural horizon? Opening up perspectives to face ongoing transformations’ are encouraged to address the critical and inclusive views of cultural heritage and its relationship with other cultural and creative sectors:
- Understanding heritage as a phenomenon: Philosophical foundations, ethical, managerial and policy implications, cultural embeddedness, and contextual constraints.
- Post-colonial and neo-colonial practices in heritage making, management, tourism, and culture-led development programmes to combat inequalities and asymmetrical power distribution in the world.
- From cultural heritage to heritage communities - Cultural and managerial transformations. What are the challenges for cultural management and policy education, research, and practice?
- Cultural management and policy education to tackle ongoing transformations. What is the role of education? Are the current education programmes adequate? Are there any new educational needs? What are the main implications on pedagogical practices and teaching methodologies?
- Cross-sectoral approach to cultural heritage sustainability and heritage-led innovation: How the other sectors and areas of cultural management and policy could connect with, contribute to, and be affected by cultural heritage? How does the cross-sectoral approach affect professions and management in the cultural and creative sector? What are the best and worst practices?
The received articles will go through a double-blind peer review process. After this, authors will be informed whether the article has been accepted or not. The editors reserve the right to make a first prior selection in case a big amount of papers is received. Please send your article manuscripts to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the title of your message which issue nr 1 (thematic) or nr 2 (general) you target your submission to.
All information on submission guidelines and topics can be found here: https://www.encatc.org/en/upcoming-issues-and-call-for-articles/
Application deadline: 1 April 2019
Peer review process and communication of the selection: June 2019
Final manuscript submissions to the publisher: August 2019
Publication date: December 2019
Launched in 2011, the ENCATC Journal of Cultural Management and Policy is now changing its name to the European Journal of Cultural Management and Policy. The journal publishes two issues annually and provides an open access and interdisciplinary platform for original research work from the cultural field.