Call for Applications
Singapore International Foundation (SIF)’s Arts for Good Fellowship 2019
The Singapore International Foundation (SIF) is looking for applicants for the third edition of its Arts for Good Fellowship 2019. In this edition, the Fellowship will focus on the theme of Creative Empowerment for Children and Youth. Application deadline is June 16th.
The Arts for Good Fellowship seeks to grow the Arts for Good ecosystem by fostering a community of practice amongst those who are using the arts and culture to create positive social change. It brings together cross-sector professionals such as artists, art administrators, creatives and programmers from the social sector who are passionate about developing young minds and are actively using the arts to make a positive difference in the lives of the young.
The Fellowship will comprise the following components:
- Online Webinars: The webinars provide Fellows with an online platform to connect, interact, and keep updated on relevant information throughout the duration of the Fellowship.
- Two Exchange Programme in Singapore (October/November 2019) and Delhi, India (February 2020): The exchange programmes provide an opportunity for Fellows to convene and gain insights into the interdisciplinary nature and demands of an impactful Arts for Good project in a specific city. Through experiential workshops, learning journeys, peer sharing and networking sessions, Fellows will be able to connect with each other and different stakeholders, expand their capacities and gain new perspectives.
Who can apply for the Arts for Good Fellowship?
Join the programme if your work involves harnessing the power of the the arts and culture for social impact, and you meet the following criteria:
- Are an arts and culture practitioner, creative professional, art administrator or programmer from the social and education sector
- have a minimum of two years’ professional or voluntary practice, and demonstrate commitment to lead and effect change through your work
- have prior experience working with a community through the arts, demonstrating a strong interest in arts-based projects aimed at creating social impact
- are able to attend all components of the programme
- are financially able to support your travel expenses to participate in the Fellowship
- are conversant and able to communicate in English
- are of any age or nationality
What criteria does SIF look out for in evaluating an application?
The SIF will value the benefits of peer learning and look for the following characteristics in the applications to ensure the most conducive learning environment for the Fellows:
- An artistic practice or professional career that gives evidence of excellence and merit and is applicable to the theme of the Fellowship
- Sustained contribution and vision in harnessing the arts for social impact
- Potential to contribute back to the community, lead other arts for good practitioners in his/her community and collaborate across sectors/borders
What financial support will the SIF provide to Fellows?
The SIF will be providing travel support for Fellows during the two exchange programmes to Singapore and Delhi, India based on your country of residence. Aside from the travel support, accommodation during the duration of the Fellowship and meals during the programme will be fully supported by SIF.
How do I apply?
Apply online via this form: https://form.jotform.me/artsforgood/2019a4gfellowship
Please set aside around 30 minutes to complete the form and prepare these following documents to submit together with your online application:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Supporting documents of recent projects
Applications must be submitted in English. Any applications received in other languages will not be considered. Applications will be assessed and are subject to approval. The application deadline is Sunday, 16 June 2019 at 11:59pm, GMT+8 (Singapore Time). Application status will be released by early August 2019.
More information can be found here: https://www.sif.org.sg/our-work/ce/afg/2019-Fellowship