CfA: NATFA - International Summer Academy on Entrepreneurship and Leadership in the Performing Arts and Creative Industries
The National Academy for Theater and Film Arts (NATFA) is delighted to announce the first edition of the International Summer Academy “ROCK THE BOAT! Entrepreneurship and Leadership in the Performing Arts and Creative Industries: International Trends and Local Specificity”, taking place in Sofia, Bulgaria, 12-16 June 2017. The summer academy aims at participants who are interested in innovation of arts and cultural leadership within european cultural cooperation, networking and policies. The deadline for submitting and application is May 31st 2017.
The summer academy consists of interactive presentations by highly recognized professionals in the field, followed by discussions and interactive work in smaller groups, as well as study visits to cultural institutions in the city of Sofia where NATFA has long-standing collaboration. Each session is a combination between theory and practical exercises such as: case study analysis, “fish bowl” exercises, role playing, etc. There is a strong emphasis on collaborative interactive work in order to encourage participants’ involvement and increase their teamwork skills.
Aims of the summer academy
- To increase the awareness of participants about the importance of innovations and entrepreneurship in the cultural sector
- To increase the capacities of participants to be leaders of cultural projects and organizations in a strategic and international context
- To enhance the capacity of participants to apply business models, to create intrapreneurial climate in a cultural organization and to learn diverse methods of financing and fundraising
- To connect theoretical discourses with the Bulgarian and international cultural practices
- Day 1: Innovation in the Arts
- Day 2: Cultural Leadership: Trends and Needs. Teaching cultural management and leadership in the 21st century
- Day 3: Cultural Entrepreneurs: From the creative idea to the business model
- Day 4: European cultural cooperation, networking and policies
- Day 5: Economics, Marketing, Financing and fundraising for a creative idea
- Day 6-7: Optional: Choices for excursions outside of Sofia
Certificate of completion is issued by NATFA. No tests and assignments are envisaged for completion of the summer academy. Participants will have specific tasks to follow to help them combine theoretical discourses with study visits to cultural/creative organizations.
NATFA expects applicants from the field of academia, graduated students from all levels, cultural operators and professionals, emerging cultural leaders, representatives from international, national and local organisations, as well as anyone who might be interested in the topic.
Participation Fee - 380 EUR
Early Bird Registration: by April 1st, 2017 - 320 EUR
Participants are expected to cover their travel to Sofia and accommodation during the summer academy.
The working language of the academy is English.
The deadline for submitting and application is May 31st 2017.
Further information on the Association and the conference can be found here.